Everglades Youth Conservation Camp
2017 Summer Camp Registration Opens January 15
TIPS FOR PARENTS
Each year seasonal staff are hired and trained for summer employment. The hiring process includes interviews, reference checks and criminal background screening. Your child's safety is our first priority. Our camp is staffed with responsible program instructors and group leaders. If your child has any severe medical, behavioral, or emotional issues, please call to discuss the appropriateness of our camp programs with our Camp Director prior to enrollment.
This summer we will not be using the online registration process. We are in the process of researching a new service that will meet our needs, but will not have it in place for the 2017 summer season.
Registration begins January 15, 2017. Spaces are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Your camper packet will be mailed to you with your confirmation letter upon receipt of your registration form and payment.
EYCC Summer Camp
12100 Seminole Pratt Whitney Road
West Palm Beach. FL 33412
Tuition includes meals, lodging, program materials (except Mariners, Searfarers and Eco-Equestrian), activity fees, instruction and minor accident insurance (secondary policy only).
Confirmation packets will be mailed within a week of receiving your registration form and payment in full. If you have not received your confirmation within a week of mailing your registration form, please e-mail or call the camp registrar (561-624-6929 or Janice.firstname.lastname@example.org).
OPEN YOUR CONFIRMATION PACKET IMMEDIATELY:
- The confirmation packet includes camp week, cabin assignment, a medical examination form, a list of what to bring and directions to camp.
- The medical form must be completed by a licensed physician.
- All completed forms must be brought to the camp on your child's arrival date.
- Campers will not be admitted without all forms completed correctly.
- We do not use forms from prior years of attendance.
Full refunds are not available under any circumstance.
- A $50 processing fee per registered session is retained if the request for refund is received prior to June 1st.
- All refund requests after June 1st will be subject to an automatic 50% refund policy.
- Refunds requested less than 10 days prior to the start of a camp session will not be honored except for medical or family emergencies.
- Refund requests after June 1st due to family emergency, or illness will be handled on a case by case basis. Medical refunds must be accompanied by supporting medical documentation.
All requests must be made in writing and must arrive no later than the first day of camp. If your child does not show on the first day of camp, and you have not called prior, your right to a refund will be forfeited. All refund forms must be submitted prior to the end of the camp season (August 4, 2017). Refunds are not made when campers are sent home for disciplinary reasons or if a camper chooses to leave for reasons other than illness. Please read and discuss with your child the Code of Conduct (EYCC 4). This page must be signed by a parent/guardian and the camper.
- Registrations must be received no later than 3 weeks prior to start of a session.
- Campers may register for multiple sessions of camp. (Mariners and Eco-equestrian will be limited to one week in order to meet the demands for these programs.)
- Campers are grouped in cabins by age, gender and program availability.
- Program selection is based on your child’s grade level for the 2016-2017 school year (current year).
- Programs may be altered in cases of extreme heat or inclement weather.
- E.Y.C.C. parents/guardians must furnish transportation to and from camp.
- Check-in is 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Sunday. Check-out is 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Friday.