Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission and other concerned conservation organizations have joined forces to offer youth hunts that are safe, educational and very affordable. We sponsor introductory, instructive youth hunts for deer, turkey, hogs, waterfowl, small game and other species. Hunts include mentors, lodging and meals.
To participate in the Youth Hunting Program of Florida:
- Be 12 to 17 years old.
- Complete and submit the Youth Hunting Program of Florida Application.
- Complete the Florida Hunter Safety Program, regardless of your age, and be able to provide a copy of your completion card. Follow this link for a list of Florida Hunter Safety courses in your area.
- Be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Complete a Youth Hunting Program hunting application that lists your choice of hunts by priority. Youth hunting schedules will be sent to you periodically.
- Complete the Youth Hunting Program release forms sent to you when you are selected for a youth hunt.
- Submit a refundable deposit to secure your position when you are selected for a youth hunt, to insure all youth hunting opportunities are utilized.